The day covered topics such as the publishing landscape, open access, research data, how to write for journals and talks from specific publishers about their publishing process.
If you weren't able to attend then here are some resources you might find useful:
Advice from Publishers
- How to write for technical periodicals and conferences (Free 32 page PDF guide from IEEE)
- Tips on writing an article - How to get published! - from Springer
- 10 tips for writing a truly terrible journal article - from Elsevier
- Elsevier also have a whole section - Improve your knowledge and skills in publishing academic research - including free interactive training courses and online lectures.
- English Communication for Scientists - from Nature Education, includes a section on writing scientific papers.
You will find plenty of other advice on publisher and learned society websites under their instructions for authors sections.
Open Access Publishing
- We have a series of videos about Open Access aimed at PGRs on the library YouTube Channel
- We are also running session on open access on Tues 28th Feb at 10am in Library IT2